The Singapore Dependant’s Pass Scheme allows a selected family member of an Employment Pass, S Pass, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass holder to obtain a visa to live in Singapore. The Singapore Dependant Pass is valid so long as the holder of the Singapore working visa is actively working in Singapore and the working visa is valid. Dependant Pass (DP) holders are able to live in Singapore for an extended period of time. The DP validity matches the validity of the main working visa of which it is tagged to. A DP holder can enter and leave Singapore freely without having to apply for separate Singapore entry visas.
- Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of the holder of the Singapore working visa
- The holder of the Singapore working visa needs to be earning at least SGD$6,000 a month
- A completed Dependant’s Pass application form
- A copy of the applicant’s passport (the particulars page)
- A copy of the marriage certificate or birth or adoption certificate (to prove relationship)
- Educational qualifications
- Salary details for most recent employment (if applicable)
- School enrollment details (if applicable)
The processing time is about 4 weeks. You may also submit the DP application together with the Singapore work visa application.
Upon approval, you will be issued with an In-Principle-Approval (IPA) by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The DP applicant can enter Singapore with that IPA. The DP applicant must be in Singapore to collect the DP.
Other things to note:
As a DP holder, you are permitted to work or study in Singapore. To work, you will need to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the MOM. A child can freely enroll in local or international K-12 schools in Singapore. However, you will need to obtain a student visa if you intend to pursue higher education in Singapore.
If you have any company-related queries, you may email us at [email protected]. When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced licensed Employment Agency with the Ministry of Manpower.
The editorial team at Singapore Employment Agency
For more useful articles and videos, visit the Singapore Employment Agency resource page.
If you would like to submit a question or would like us to do an article on certain topics, please email us at [email protected].
Little Big Employment Agency Pte Ltd is a licensed Employment Agency with the Ministry of Manpower with license number 19C9790.