The Singapore Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is a special type of employment pass that does not link the PEP holder to any employee. The PEP allows the holder to change employers without the need to re-apply for an entry visa into Singapore. However, the period of unemployment cannot be more than six months.


Qualification criteria for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

For existing Employment Pass (EP) holders (i.e. foreigners who are already in Singapore working on an EP), the minimum monthly salary is SGD$12,000 and a minimum annual salary of $144,000 in the previous year.

For overseas professionals, the minimum monthly salary is SGD$18,000. The last drawn salary must not be more than six months before the PEP application.


Documents required

  1. Passport copy showing your personal particulars
  2. The employment contract of your upcoming and/or previous employment (if applicable)
  3. Past 3 months payslips and bank account statements (to show proof of income)
  4. Latest tax statements
  5. Your resume
  6. Relevant educational qualification certificates
  7. Details of your local contact (This local contact is for MOM to contact in the event of an emergency and is not guaranteeing anything for the PEP applicant and holder. For overseas applicants, this can be furnished upon approval.)


Processing time and process

The processing time is about 8 weeks.

Upon approval, you will receive an in-principle approval (IPA) letter. This IPA letter is valid for 6 months and you will need to collect your PEP from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in Singapore within the 6 months. You will need to bring along all documents as required in the IPA to collect your PEP.



The PEP is valid for 3 years. It is not renewable. At the end of the 3 years, you will need to obtain an EP or you can apply for Singapore Permanent Residency (PR) status. If your PEP expires and you do not have any other valid pass, you will be required to leave Singapore. You can also cancel your PEP at any time. Once cancelled, you will not be able to apply for a new PEP.


PEP maintenance 

To maintain your PEP, you will need to earn a total of SGD$144,000 per annum and not be unemployed for more than 6 months. You will need to keep MOM updated as to the status of your employment and income. You can do so using two methods:

  1. The PEP Notification Form
  2. The Employment Pass Online (EPOL) platform

You will need to update the following information with the PEP Notification Form

  1. Change in employment status
    This needs to be updated within 7 days. Your employer will also need to inform MOM about the change in your employment status using the Notification Form for Employers.
  2. Change of local contact
  3. Annual salary
    This needs to be declared within 30 days of the end of the calendar year. (i.e. January 30th of the subsequent year)

You will need to update the following information with the EPOL

  1. Changes to your passport details (i.e. in the event of renewal)
  2. Loss or damage of PEP card and a replacement is needed
  3. Change of residential address


If you have any company-related queries, you may email us at [email protected]. When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced licensed Employment Agency with the Ministry of Manpower.

Yours Sincerely,
The editorial team at Singapore Employment Agency

For more useful articles and videos, visit the Singapore Employment Agency resource page.
If you would like to submit a question or would like us to do an article on certain topics, please email us at [email protected].

Little Big Employment Agency Pte Ltd is a licensed Employment Agency with the Ministry of Manpower with license number 19C9790.