If you are a business owner, you are eligible to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) to work.

To be eligible, you will need to be one of the following business owners:

  1. The sole proprietor of an ACRA-registered business; or
  2. A partner of an ACRA-registered business; or
  3. A company director with at least 30% shareholding in an ACRA-registered business.

Upon renewal of the LOC, you will need to hire at least one Singaporean/ Permanent Resident who earns at least the prevailing Local Qualifying Salary and receives CPF contributions for at least 3 months. The current LQS is at least SGD$1,400 per month.

What if I am an existing DP LOC holder who is a business owner?

DP holders operating a business on an existing LOC can continue to do so until it expires or apply for a one-off renewal of the LOC until 30th April 2022. Thereafter, they must meet the criteria for LOC renewal or obtain an applicable work pass to continue working in Singapore.


If you have any company-related queries, you may email us at [email protected]. When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced licensed Employment Agency with the Ministry of Manpower.

Yours Sincerely,
The editorial team at Singapore Employment Agency

For more useful articles and videos, visit the Singapore Employment Agency resource page.
If you would like to submit a question or would like us to do an article on certain topics, please email us at [email protected].

Little Big Employment Agency Pte Ltd is a licensed Employment Agency with the Ministry of Manpower with license number 19C9790.