Personalised Employment Pass
The Personalised Employment Pass is for high-earning Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals. It is not tied to an employer and offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass.
Who is eligible
You can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) if you are:
- An overseas foreign professional and your last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
- An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.
Who is not eligible
You are not eligible for the PEP if you are:
- An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme.
- A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis.
- A sole proprietor, partner or where a director is also a shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
- A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer.
Note: You are not allowed to start a business or conduct any form of entrepreneurial activity while on a PEP. If you intend to do so, you should apply for an EntrePass.
Requirements of the pass
To keep holding a PEP, you must:
- Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
- Earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are in employment.
- Notify the Ministry of Manpower of the following:
- When you start or leave a job.
- If you change your contact details, such as local contact person or address.
- Your annual fixed salary. You need to declare it to us by 31 January of every year.
Benefits of the PEP
The PEP gives you greater job flexibility than other work passes:
- You can generally hold a job in any sector. However, the PEP does not exempt you from complying with registration requirements to practise in Singapore for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc.
- You do not need to re-apply for a new pass if you change jobs; you only need to notify the Ministry of Manpower.
- You can stay in Singapore for a continuous period of up to 6 months without a job to search for new employment.
Passes for family members
If you hold a PEP, you can bring in your family members on these passes:
Dependant’s Pass for your:
- spouse (legally married).
- children under 21 years of age.
Long Term Visit Pass for your:
- common-law spouse.
- unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old.
- unmarried stepchildren under 21 years old.
To apply for a Personalised Employment Pass, you will need to follow the following steps:
(Steps 1 to 4 can be done by the applicant outside of Singapore)
Step 1: Access whether you are eligible for an Personalised Employment Pass.
Step 2: Check that you have the full set of documents required for the application.
Step 3: Fill up the following forms.
(Form goes here)
Here is a guide on how to fill the forms.
(YouTube video goes here)
If your family members are eligible for relevant passes like dependant passes, you may choose to do the application concurrently. You may also do the application after your application has been approved.
Step 4: Email the completed forms to [email protected] or [email protected] and make payment. Please note that we will only process the Personalised Employment Pass application after we have received payment.
Once the application is approved (in-principle approval), you can travel to Singapore.
Step 5: Make payment within 6 months of in-principle approval, register fingerprints and photograph and the Personalised Employment Pass will be issued to you.
|Type Of Pass||Fee|
|Personal Employment Pass New Application||SGD$600|
|Personal Employment Pass Issuance||SGD$830|