Letter of Consent
You can apply for a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if you are an eligible Dependant’s Pass holder, or an LTVP/LTVP+ holder who is the spouse or unmarried child of a Singaporean or permanent resident.
Who is eligible
Eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders and Dependant’s Pass holders who want to work in Singapore.
To be eligible for a Letter of Consent, you need to be one of the following:
- A Dependant’s Pass holder who is a dependant of an Employment Pass, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder.
- An LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or permanent resident.
- An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or permanent resident, who holds an LTVP.
The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass has to be valid for at least 3 months, and you must have a job offer with a Singapore employer.
What is the duration
The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these:
- What the employer indicated in the LOC application.
- The expiry date of the LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass.
The LOC stops being valid when:
- The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass is cancelled or expires.
- You are no longer employed by the company. The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.
Is the Letter of Consent renewable
When to renew
For Dependant’s Pass (DP) holders, you can apply to renew the LOC when the Dependant’s Pass is renewed. You can apply to renew up to 6 months before the LOC expires.
For LTVP or LTVP+ holders, you can apply to renew up to 6 months before the LOC expires. Before applying, check that the LTVP or LTVP+ is valid for at least 3 months. If it is not, the pass holder needs to go to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to renew the LTVP or LTVP+.
Foreign worker levy or quota
No foreign worker levy or quota required.
To apply for a Letter of Consent, you will need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Access whether you are eligible for a Letter of Consent.
Step 2: Check that you have the full set of documents required for the application.
Step 3: Fill up the following forms.
(Form goes here)
Here is a guide on how to fill the forms.
(YouTube video goes here)
Step 5: The Letter of Consent will be issued to you upon approval.
|Type Of Pass||Fee|
|Letter of Consent||SGD$300|
|Letter of Consent (non-standard application)||SGD$400|