Employment Pass

The employment pass is issued to foreign professionals with a job offer in Singapore who meet the eligibility criteria.

Who is eligible

The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:

  • Have a job offer in Singapore.
  • Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
  • Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,500 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries).
  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills.

Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.

Note on salaries:

  • Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $4,500.
  • Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.

Note on acceptable qualifications:

  • The Ministry of Manpower does not have a list of approved institutions. Instead, they evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of criteria such as global and country rankings, and enrolment standards.
  • Candidates without acceptable qualifications may not necessarily be rejected. Similarly, having acceptable qualifications does not guarantee approval.
  • They look at other factors such as proven track records and exceptional skill sets on a case-by-case basis.

What is the duration

The duration of the pass is as follows:

  • First-time candidates: up to 2 years
  • Renewals: up to 3 years

Passes for family

As an Employment Pass holder, you can get certain family members to join you in Singapore if you meet the eligibility requirements.

To be eligible, you need to:

  • Earn at least $6,000 a month.
  • Hold an Employment Pass.

These are the family members you can bring in and the type of pass they need:

Family member Pass type
Legally married spouse Dependant’s Pass
Unmarried children under 21, including those legally adopted Dependant’s Pass
Common-law spouse Long Term Visit Pass
Unmarried handicapped children above 21 Long Term Visit Pass
Unmarried step-children under 21 Long Term Visit Pass
(Only for EP holders earning at least $12,000)
Long Term Visit Pass

The application for such passes can be submitted together with the Employment Pass application or separately.

Documents required for Employment Pass

You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and educational certificates along with the Employment Pass application.

You will need these documents to apply for an Employment Pass:

  • Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
  • Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate. You will need additional documents for:
    Qualifications from Additional documents needed
    • Transcripts
    • Marksheets
    China Verification proof for diploma and above qualifications.

    • Diploma: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate from China Higher Education Student Information and Career Centre (CHSI)
    • Degree and above: China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information (CDGDC)
    • Diploma and above: Global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI)

Institutions not listed in the application form: Verification proof for diploma and above qualifications from a global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow or RMI.

The Ministry of Manpower may ask for other documents when we review your application.

If you are asked for the verification proof of your candidate’s qualifications, you can get it from Dataflow or other global verification agencies. Alternatively, if the verification agency or educational institute has an online instant verification portal, you can submit the screenshot and web page address showing the verification result.

For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.

Relevant legislation

Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Chapter 91A) and Employment of Foreign Manpower (Work Passes) Regulations 2012

Apply Now

To apply for an Employment Pass, you will need to follow the following steps:

(Steps 1 to 4 can be done by the applicant outside of Singapore)

Step 1: Access whether you are eligible for an Employment Pass.

Step 2: Check that you have the full set of documents required for the application.

Step 3: Fill up the following forms.


Here is a guide on how to fill out the forms.

(YouTube video coming soon)

If your family members are eligible for relevant passes like dependant passes, you may choose to do the application concurrently. You may also do the application after your application has been approved.

Step 4: Inform us that the form has been completed and make payment. Please note that we will only process the Employment Pass application after we have received payment.

Once the application is approved (in-principle approval), you can travel to Singapore.

Our Fees

In line with promoting a more transparent fee structure, this is our firm’s fees for our services. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. For services that are not included in this pricelist, please contact us at [email protected]